WINTER STYLE



Nippy, Gloomy and mostly wet is how I describe winter in Cape Town (South Africa).
It is officially winter in S.A, we even have snow falling in some parts of the western cape at the moment. How's your winter wardrobe looking, have you had a look to see whether your winter essentials need an upgrade and which pieces can be reused this winter?  I've put together a few looks which might inspire you when shopping or sorting out your wardrobe for this season. 

If like me Winter is your least favourite, the best way to enjoy it is to dress up, keep warm and look good. 
I'm a summer baby and I definitely love summer fashion but I've added a few items to my   
wardrobe that make me really excited to dress up and show up this winter.

The Red Faux Fur coat:
Warm, fluffy and bold, this red fur coat is the key piece to give your wardrobe that "facelift" it needs. This shade of red is so vibrant and adds instant glamour. I wore my fur coat with a tweed mini skirt, knee-high white faux leather boots, a black poloneck Jersey and a black vinyl cap.
oh let's not forget the sunglasses! This is a fun, simple yet elegant look for a day out.

A casual date with a friend for coffee and conversation ended up being a fashion shoot. Thanks to my dear friend for always being patient with me and taking a hundred pictures till I find the "money shot" (chuckles) 
Outfit details:
  1. Vinyle cap R299.00 from Aldo S.A
  2. Poloneck Jersey R179.00 from H&M
  3. Coat R1,349 from A B by Aretha Bauwens     https://funo.co.za/product/red-fur-coat/
  4. Boots: R799.00 (currently on sale for R559.99) "Tamptation" by Dolce Vita   https://planet54.com/products/temptation-white
  5. "New feeling" Tweed Mini skirt R240 @theclosetsa on instagram 
  6. Sun glasses R250 from @sunglassbooth on Instagram 
The Tweed Skirt:
Tweed is a textured woolen fabric making it the perfect fabric for autumn/winter and has been around for years , it originated in Scotland in the 18th century.  Tweed is this season's must have, we're seeing new and improved designs and there's something for everyone. I love the colours woven together to form this stunning skirt, baby blue has always been my happy colour. 
Thigh high Faux Leather boots are from 'Pretty little thing" a while back.  quilted faux leather clutch bag is from Zara, I bought it a few years ago.


Tweed in Black and White

Thigh-high boots
There's something about thigh-high boots that makes feel super sexy and these "snake skin" beauties do it for me. Thigh-highs are never out of fashion and are perfect to keep the cold at bay, they are classy but can look tacky if they aren't styled well. I wore mine with a blazer which I styled as a blazer dress (a few ways to play around with your suit and not wear it the traditional way) I also added  a faux fur scarf to keep warm. Tip; wear tights underneath the blazer to keep warm and not expose your "stuff"

The blazer comes with pants and is from Dziva by Selina www.dziva.co.za the suit costs R1,100.
The scarf is from Forever new (a while back)
The boots are from YDE (Young Designers Emporium) they were just over R1,000.
The knit bodycon dress
I'm a huge fan of bodycon dresses as they're flattering and so feminine. 
This off shoulder winter dress keeps me warm while looking sexy and showing off the clavicle. Is available at @theclosetsa for R380.00 in Beige, Black,Pink,Brown and Yellow.  I styled it with an animal print textured belt from  Zara and my faux fur scarf.
Cinderella slip on heels @theclosetsa


Keeping warm doesn't always mean being completely covered. You can show some skin and throw on a coat which you can simply toss as soon as you get to a venue. 

Some Restaurants are extremely warm as they have a fire place, keeping their venue warm and cosy while you eat.
I love this multi-colour coat from @theclosetsa from their Winter 2018 stock. I wore it with my 'Bali" two piece (R550.00) from Dziva by Selina it's actually a winter outfit, the fabric is thick and I'm in love with the colour. 




































































































That's it for now, thanks for reading this blog post. Follow my fashion and lifestyle journey on Instagram @divadolz

Comments

Popular Posts