MOTHERHOOD- THE GREATEST GIFT
Being a first time mother came with a lot of emotions, some I couldn't explain. The entire process was amazing, I suspected I was pregnant even before a pregnancy test confirmed it. I felt my body go through some changes. I was fortunate to have an easy pregnancy but like any mother to be, I did worry about the possibility of something going wrong but prayer kept me going.
In November 2009 I had my first baby boy via a C-Section (my doctor and I had decided on this)
my husband, who was my boyfriend at the time was very helpful and made my healing process a lot easier. when our baby was born we were overwhelmed with happiness (we were both first time parents)
I throughly enjoyed nursing my baby and seeing him develop rapidly. When he was born I felt like I was born again, it felt like a new me. Suddenly life had so much meaning.
In September 2011 I had my second baby boy (again via a C-section) it was also not a challenging pregnancy though it wasn't as easy as the first one. My children are 22 months apart so there was a time when we had "two babies", both were in nappies. Being a mom of two busy boys isn't an easy task but it is definitely fulfilling, I watch them grow up with pride. They are funny and bring me so much happiness.
How I keep my children busy
- My children are a lot like my husband and I, they enjoy socialising. They are the happiest when at a kiddies' party or just a play date
- They love LEGO but I suck at building it so I usually don't help them build however I play along when instructed to, my little one always insists
- The boys love to draw and because I suck at drawing too, I help them colour in
- My little boy loves to sing and dance so we spend our time together dancing and making up random songs, he reminds me so much of my childhood
- I find myself watching a lot of children's films as I watch with the kids, they love it when we watch together
- When I go to gym, my children usually come with and stay in the kiddies' section which they really enjoy as they mingle with other kids
(these are just a few things we do together, there are a lot more activities)
What does motherhood mean to me and what have I learnt?
- To me being a mother means assuming several roles e.g. teacher, friend and role model
- Motherhood is a miracle and a gift from God, I believe children are sent from heaven to teach us a thing or two about unconditional love
In conclusion I would like to wish all fellow moms a wonderful day, I hope your families spoil you .
till next time XOXO
kids' shirts and Adidas sneakers_____________________Edgars
My blouse & jeans_______________________________Topshop South Africa
heels __________________________________________ AB by Aretha Bauwens
Photography____________________________________ Roelse Events
Stylist_________________________________________ Patricia Dolz (Myself)